Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Carolyn Rabideaux and Carissa Seretta Start an SKA Project with their Homeroom at Bryan Middle School in Omaha!

Just a few weeks ago, I received a message from a former graduate student of mine who is now my friend, Carolyn Rabideaux, a fantastic teacher at Bryan Middle School in Omaha. Here's what her message said:

I met my CUBS (homeroom) co-teacher today. I filled her in on what we do in CUBS and then I said, "I'd also like to try something different this year. There's this book called Secret Kindness Agents..." she stopped me, "Oh, my G*d! Ferial! I love Ferial!!" She explained that you were her instructional coach and she gushed about how kind and wonderful you are. I said, "So, would you be willing to try that out with me? I'll put a copy of the book in your mailbox tomorrow." She said, "Yes, of course!" and now I am very excited to start our own Secret Kindness project!!

As if that wasn't wonderful enough, that co-teacher turned out to be my practicum student when The Secret Kindness Agents project was actually happening, Carissa Seretta! After the practicum, I began working at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, where I got to be Carissa's Instructional Coach for her final practicum before Clinical Practice. This is Carissa's first year teaching. 


I'm so glad these ladies have kept in touch with me!


They are planning to post updates on a Twitter page: @BMSecretKindnessAgents

No comments:

Post a Comment